Monday, 19 September 2011

p a p e r . p a c k s

like most arts & crafts people, i'm constantly sketching new idea's to try out. this one however, is an oldie. 

i was once asked by a customer whether i did wrapping paper. 
with all the many a printed paper out there with it's double sided, tripple, quadruple colour lovliness i was turned off by the idea. 

sometimes when working on a new design i get stuck especially when that annoying little thought, which can stop me from carrying on with it, pops into my head & whispers 'will anyone buy it?' 
i design & create because i'm happy with it & that is the main thing after all. the satisfaction comes from designing & making something from start to finish. so when someone does buy from me then that's the super-duper icing on the cake which helps me carry on; trying out new things. wrapping paper was one of those things that i ended up leaving to one side.

the same customer asked me again.
it left me head scratching. 
it highlighted to me that i had to have another think about it.

so this is my first design in occasional wrapping paper.
it may not be the colour layered, double sided paper but it is all handprinted by me & with great care.

the idea stemmed from the 'thank you' stamp i carved & use to print onto tissue paper, especially made to wrap up my customer orders with.

  a 5 sheet pack which comes in a colour choice of pink or blue and includes 5 matching gift tags.

after printing this design i now have a few more blocks i'd like to carve.
i dare say the occasional paper packs may begin to grow... 
;)

3 comments:

  1. I think they're lovely Hannah, i'm sure they will sell well. The fact they are different to the all singing and dancing papers on the high street makes it even more special and something unique.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - great lettering and beautifully packaged.

    I have those same nagging thoughts too, but sometimes if an idea is tickling your brain you should do it anyway, if only to relieve the itch!

    ReplyDelete