Tuesday, 28 January 2014

c a r v i n g . o u t




while little one sleeps..

: a work in progress : 
i've been playing around a bit with a new blockprint i carved recently {inspired by plenty of images on pinterest of yummy green succulent plants} it doesn't quite line up exactly how i planned it in my head. i've added more detail, circles and have had a go at printing the pattern onto fabric. i hope the repeat pattern design sits well on a lampshade. it's one i keep looking at and mumbling about to myself..hmm..
oh, i will just have to show you what i mean next time. 
x

5 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous to me Hannah,
    does it have to perfectly line up to repeat? I love the happy mistakes in my printing and the miss registration by eye, it adds character and makes the artwork look more hand done. I think your lino cut would look gorgeous as a piece of artwork in it's own right on paper as a print, it reminds me of water and seaweed the type where you pop the bubbles! beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya lisa, thanks for your feedback, I didn't even think of it in that way, as a print on its own or even if I were to print as a repeat pattern that it doesn't have to line up perfectly I have carved a bit more in hopes it fits better as a repeat but still stuck at the mo but after reading your fab comments it's made me think of trying printing it in a slightly different way to what I was aiming for, so thank you for that! Sometimes it takes other views and advice to see things clearly hehe xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely work indeed! My mother used to have a succulent garden on the front porch of our house, and this print looks just like the long, stringy sea-weedy ones that would try take over the concrete paths. :)

    ReplyDelete